Monday, July 28, 2008

Clafouti

On the weekend I needed to whip up a quick dessert, but all I had was a few strawberries and one nectarine. I had been wanting to do a clafouti for a while, so I thought this would be a good chance to throw some stuff together.


I read a couple of recipes first, including the Fresh Fig Clafouti from Georgeanne Brennan's Potager, and the Pear Clafouti from Barefoot in Paris.


In the end, this is what I did. (I *think* it's my own recipe. Since I made it up.)


Strawberry-Nectarine Clafouti



One white nectarine, sliced
10 strawberries, sliced

1 1/4 cups half and half
3 eggs
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2/3 cup of flour, sifted
a pinch of salt
a splash of vanilla extract


I placed the sliced fruit in a buttered pie plate. Then I mixed the half and half, eggs, sugar, and flour together into a pancake-like batter. I added the salt and vanilla and gave it one last mix, and then poured the batter over the fruit. I baked it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, and it came out lovely and golden, with strawberry-nectarine syrup seeping out the sides. Yum!

This is also my submission to the got milk? event. When I had milk, boy, did I have a lot of milk!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your clafouti and also the Playmobil little guy :)

Thanks for your entry to Got Milk?
I'll be doing a round-up after August 7th.

Di said...

Your clafouti looks delicious--peach and strawberry together sounds great. And I'm with you on the "boy did I have a lot of milk!" My younger daughter spit up a ton because she had problems dealing with the quantity of milk I put out. =)