Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Dinner-time Blues


One of my New Year's resolutions is not to be singing the dinner-time blues anymore.

You know, that 30 minutes of time when the big boy is so hungry he is climbing the walls and the little boy is so hungry that he is pulling me physically to the refrigerator to get him something to eat because he can't see up on the countertop that I am making his dinner.

When I get the dinner-time blues, usually I am hungry because I haven't had anything to eat since lunch, and Papa is cranky because he's had a long day.

I so imagine coming home after work to a warm house, where dinner is ready for the table in about 10 minutes, and some fun music is playing on the stereo and we all talk and laugh about things that happened during the day.

I know why get the dinner-time blues, so why can't I work around them? I'm going to try organizing some weekly menus. All suggestions welcome. Stick with me!

1 comment:

Serena said...

I've actually started planning out our dinners a week in advance and have gotten some great ideas from www.thescramble.com. I do my shopping around the menus and then actually write what's for dinner on the calendar as a reminder for myself. Keeps my life a little saner!