Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Picture Tag

I got tagged a couple of days ago by Mama Goose to share a random picture. And I'm tagging 4 more people:

Tongue In Cheek
Oysterblogger
Nuria
Brand New Eyes

Here's what you have to do:
1. Go to the 4th picture folder on your computer

2. Post the 4th picture in that folder

3. Explain the picture

4. Tag 4 more bloggers

Here's what I found:



This is Rafa's passport photo from last summer. He looks so serious. His father must have told him not to laugh while he was taking the picture because he is usually laughing and smiling all over the place. We went to Spain last summer for 2 weeks, and had a lovely time. Oops -- it's almost 2 years ago -- it was summer of 2007! I hope that we get to go again this summer!

A few years back I saw a painting by Murillo in the Fine Arts museum of Seville, and it was a boy who looked exactly like Rafa. This photo reminds me of that painting, the same serious look. Murillo is a Spanish painter from the 17th century who worked quite a lot in Seville.

Here are a couple of Murillo paintings -- I think the portrayal of the child looks like Rafa because of the coloring and the eyes. I wonder about who his models were. And it makes me think that perhaps Rafa is more Sevillano than San Franciscan.


Murillo. La virgen de las servilletas, Seville.



Murillo. Madonna and Child, Dresden.


This child looks more like Luisito.


Murillo. Madonna and Child, Corsini Gallery

Cheers!

1 comment:

Núria said...

Rafa has such a beautiful face! And yes, those pictures of Murillo keep some similarities :D

I'll try to follow with the game soon... I'll probably post a food picture!