Saturday, February 14, 2009

Make Ahead Dinners

Okay, here are my best Make Ahead Dinners.

I consider a Make Ahead dinner anything that can be made and eaten later. So I might make two lasagnes at once and put one in the freezer for a week or two down the road, or I might make a pot of soup after dinner is done for the evening and keep it in the refrigerator for the following night. Or I might make a frittata in the middle of the day and serve it with soup or salad for dinner. Just as long as I don't have to do it "in the moment."

List and links:
Spinach Pie*
Lentils*
Vegetable Soup*
Lasagna*
Jacques Pepin's Crab Cakes
Chicken Pot Pie*
Shepherd's Pie -- I do it just like this, but with ground beef.
Whole Chicken
Beef Stew*
Beef Carbonnade*
Split Pea Soup*
Minestrone Soup*
Calzone*
Tortilla Espanhola
Zucchini Frittata


* = freezable

Of course, here's a little song for you:

No comments: