Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Quick Trip to Spain


Yes, I am here at home. No, I did not take a quick trip to Spain.

It will not be me sipping rioja on marble-tiled plazas, eating slice after slice of ham.

I will not be shopping in the market for the produce and fresh fish every morning, or going to the bakery on the corner 5 minutes before lunch will be served to get hot bread.

No high-speed train trips, gothic cathedrals, or slate-roofed castles.



No tapas of aged cheese marinated in olive oil, or purchasing of homemade sweets from the convent down the street. No jasmine and bougainvillea decorating every garden wall or red geraniums in painted pots on balconies.




Travel safely and hurry home, boys. Luisito and I miss you. In the fog.

1 comment:

krysta said...

hope they have a safe trip and you make me want to go to spain so badly.