Tuesday, November 2, 2010
The Iron Foodie Contest
1. Why do you want to compete in this challenge?
Well, to be honest, I have just about everything anybody could want in life: a wonderful husband and two sweet boys, work I love, a comfortable home, wonderful family and friends...the only thing I've longed for is to be an Iron Chef. I think the Iron Foodie is as close as I am going to get!
2. Limitations of time/space notwithstanding, whose kitchen would you like to spend the day in & why? Julia Child, Thomas Keller, Ferran Adria, James Beard, Marie-Antoine Careme, or The Swedish Chef?
I think it would have to be Julia Child. I have a soft spot for her and great admiration for her work.
3. What morsel are you most likely to swipe from family & friends’ plates when they aren’t looking?
4. Sum your childhood up in one meal.
Stuffed bell peppers.
5. The one mainstream food you can’t stand?